Year 12 Information
6th Form Information
All applicants apply through www.kentchoices.com
We offer a 2 tier Year 12:
Level 3 Courses - Two Year Advanced Programme
Level 2 Course - One Year Programme
Students entering Year 12 at Level 3 are expected to study four subjects and one compulsory subject.
The 6th form at HBHS is a stimulating and supportive environment in which to learn. Each individual has the opportunity to develop their own potential. We encourage enthusiasm, positivity and hard work.
As well as an academic timetable students have the opportunity to take part in enrichment activities and school life, such as:
- Community Sports Leader Award
- Higher Sports Leader Award
- Dance Leader Award
- Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
- Fitness L2 Course
- Peer Coaching
- Literacy Support
- Numeracy Ninjas
- Lower School Subject Support
- Journalist Workshops
- 6th Form Student Voice
- 6th Form Mentor Reps
- Enrichment Courses
- Volunteering in the local Community
- Work Experience
- Volunteering Opportunities
All students have target and aspirational grades to work towards. All students have a personal mentor to support them during their time at HBHS.
At the beginning of Year 12 all students sign a 6th Form Learning Agreement & Contract which details their roles and responsibility within the 6th form. An example of these are:
- Aiming to work towards a Student’s Target and Aspirational Grades
- The Attendance Criteria
- An expectation to wear Student ID Badge and Lanyard at all times
- No extreme hairstyles or colours eg those that do not fall within a natural range
- The dress code is to retain modesty and be appropriate eg no ripped jeans
- The dress code on a Friday and for any trips or visits is formal attire - No jeans or trainers
To continue studies into Year 13 students require Grade A- E achievement or Head of Department approval at the end of Year 12. In addition, Year 13 students select either the Extended Project Qualification, AS General Studies or Enrichment options in Year 13.
For progression from Year 11/12, please read our ‘What Happens Next Information'